To provide full support and assistance to the Board and Management of TLDC in ensuring that operations are conducted according to the highest standards by providing an independent, objective assurance and consulting function, and by advising on leading practices. Through a systematic and disciplined approach, the job helps TLDC accomplish its objectives by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably Accountancy, Internal Auditing degrees, from an accredited college or university.
- Certification as a CIA or CPA is an advantage.
- Must have at least 8 years full-time experience in auditing, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation, including four years supervisory, managerial or project management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Considerable knowledge of the ISPPIA Standards and the IIA Code of Ethics.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts and practices, preferably with experience in industry of auditing or accounting, and in supervising and conducting audits in Information Systems (IT audit) and other areas pertinent to the industry.
- Considerable skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work product.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Extensive skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Considerable skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet, power point and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
- Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening and presentation skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.